Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nursery Wall Layout Update: A Fresh Coat of Paint

When I bought the structures for this layout, I didn't initially plan on repainting them. After bringing them all home and looking at them in the proper light, I decided I had to do something to the yellow and green house. In one of my previous posts I talked about painting this one with some supplies from Hobby Lobby. Well, I did that and then some since then. I actually went ahead and repainted the other houses as well as the church. This post will show some before and after pictures of each. 

Before and after pictures of the structures I repainted.
Just for good measure, I went ahead and repainted the caboose and the two tunnel portals. Here is a look at a before and after of those.

Before and after pictures of the caboose and tunnel portals.
These all look pretty nice on the finished layout, at least when compared to how they used to look. It was definitely worth the time it took to do the repainting. There was a bit of a learning curve for me though as I had never painted small models like these before. Now that I have everything put together, I need to take some nice final pictures of everything. Look for those sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment