Saturday, March 8, 2014

Detroit & Mackinac Herald King Decal Set for Alco C425's

Lately I've been on the lookout for anything Detroit & Mackinac that I can find on eBay and at train shows. While there has been plenty of rolling stock, relatively speaking, I haven't come across any locomotives for sale and I'm starting to think I will never find one. Then I came across something I hadn't seen before, a decal set for detailing an Alco C425 in the D&M paint scheme complete with numbers, logos, and proper striping.

The set comes from Miller Advertising out of Manitowoc, Wisconsin, at least that's what is printed on the slip that came with it. Not sure if this is even a company anymore because when I did some searching online I found a standalone Herald King website that is based out of Bettendorf, IA. Anyone know anything about them?

Here's a look at the sheet of decals:

A look at the full sheet of decals.
Here's the instruction sheet that came with it:

Instructions page provided with the decals.
Now I just need to find myself an undecorated C425 to try this out on. I love that they have included the specific paint colors needed to fully customize for the D&M paint scheme. I'll have to be on the lookout for these color paints now too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment