Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Awesome Detroit & Mackinac Photo Album on Flickr

Lately I've been on the lookout for prototype pcitures of the Detroit & Mackinac and have found some really good stuff through RailPictures.net and RRPictureArchives.net, but I have to say Flickr has become my new favorite spot. While it is not as easy to sort the pictures on there, you can find some really great stuff with the right search criteria.

The album that I stumbled upon this time is called "D&M / Lake State" from the user aclostalker. Below is an example and one of my favorites. It shows #281 along with one of the other centuries hauling a line of D&M boxcars. On top of that there is nothing but pure Michigan scenery as far as the eye can see, which makes for an amazing photo.

DM Alco C425 #281 | Image courtesy of Garland McKee (alcostalker) via Flickr
There are a lot more shots just like this one, so click here to see the entire album. There is more than just D&M stuff too if you look at all their photos. They have a ton of great pictures of other Alco's from different railroads. I really enjoyed clicking through all of them. It's kind of neat to see all the different paint jobs these types of locomotives had, although the D&M scheme is definitely my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment