Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Project: Office Shelf Layout

Now that I am done with the nursery wall layout, it's time to move onto another project. Initially I thought I would jump right into a large table layout, but have decided against that and will go with another small scale static layout. This one is intended to go on the bookshelf in my office at work so I can have something there showcasing my interest in trains and model railroading.

I've been thinking about a theme for this layout and am leaning toward something that has more of an industrial feel to it. I'm thinking about having a mainline run across the front of it and then have a siding that leads into a warehouse type building. Or something similar.

Here is a look at the space I have to work with:


The footprint of the space is about 32" long and 10" deep. There is also about 12" of height to work with. It's kind of a small space, but I think I can get something to work with the theme I'm going for. Right now I'm just doing a lot of research on what's out there that will fit and what little details are available to go with it. I am definitely open to any suggestions, so let me know if you have any. 

2 comments:

  1. As a fan of turn of the century "boom towns" I'll suggest that you do something old school industry like logging in the LP. I lived in GR for 8 years and made a few trips to Hartwick Pines and the Huron NF and since they didn't have the lake to float logs like camps in the UP they used local rail. It's a great history project too. I'm currently living west Maryland and working on a layout for the coal boom here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea. While turn of the century wouldn't be my thing, that could make for a pretty cool layout. I think I want to stick within the 80's or 90's for this project.

      Delete