Saturday, November 14, 2015

Side Project: Toy Train Table Update

Well, I have another project I can cross off my to do list. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. Its actually been done for a few weeks now, but I'm just getting around to taking pictures of the finished product. My son loves it and has been playing with it every day so there is a bit of wear and tear already. 

The finished toy train table.
We've been slowly adding to my son's collection of wooden locomotives as he's been really into the whole Thomas & Friends thing lately. He loves both the toys and the movies. I couldn't be happier because Thomas is what got me into trains when I was about his age so its nice to continue with and enjoy it together. 

So far we've got him the Thomas engine along with Trevor (right) and Gator (center). There are just so many of these things out there and actually pretty expensive for what they are. I'm hoping to add a few more along with some additional rolling stock so he can have some nice looking trains to run around the table.

2 comments:

  1. I can't speak to them personally as my kids have gotten primarily the little diecast Thomas trains but I've heard the Ikea wooden trains are well priced if you need to fill out the rolling stock and there is an Ikea nearby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an Ikea somewhat nearby so maybe I'll check that out, thanks! We also have some of those die cast trains and they're pretty cool. Those just cause a bit more damage when he throws them at something (or someone). Gotta work on that with him.

      Delete