Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Basement Layout: Revised Track Plan

Just as I thought I might do, I've gone ahead and redesigned some of my track plan again. This isn't as much of an overhaul as last time, it was more fine tuning that anything. There were some areas that I wasn't a huge fan of, so they had to be tweaked sligthly. I'm still at the point where I don't have all the track bought, so I can easily get away with making these changes. I just hope I don't need to make many more.

Here is the revised track plan:

Revised track plan in SCARM
The biggest difference here is the yard. I decided I did not want the yard tracks running at an angle to the edge of the table, so I moved them outboard of the main line (blue track) and made them parallel to the edge of the table. I also moved the turntable and roundhouse to the opposite end of the layout as this just seemed to flow a bit better.

I tried to make these changes with some minor operations in mind. I don't plan on anything too elaborate, but I would like my railroad to serve at least some purpose. That's why I still left the main line as a loop so I can just let trains run if I want. I know that's not completely prototypical, but it's my railroad and it works with this being my first layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment