Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Basement Layout: Trains are Running

Finally, I can say I have trains running on my layout. This is something that I haven't been able to enjoy since I got back into the hobby around two years ago. Even though I just set up a simple loop of track on top of my layout, it was still exciting to get things moving around. 

Below is a video I took of my new locomotive's maiden voyage on the layout. Sorry if the camera is shaky, it was taken with my smartphone being held in one hand.  In all the years I've been blogging here about trains and hockey cards (my other blog), this is surprisingly the first video I've ever taken and posted myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more footage once I have the layout a little further along.


Now that I have this out of the way, I can start thinking about how I want to proceed. I think I need to start buying some cork roadbed and some more track so I can at least start building the actual perimeter of my track plan. That means I need to make a decision on what type of turnouts to go with. I know I want to be able to throw them manually, so that makes it a little easier. I'll have to see what the hobby shop has in stock next time and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment