Friday, October 16, 2015

Making the Switch to DCC

I finally did it. I bought myself a DCC starter system for my basement layout. I'm excited to get started, but at the same time I've never used DCC before so I don't really know what I'm getting into. I bought one of the lower end starter systems, but that seemed like it was the best option for me as a beginner. 

I now have the E-Z Command system from Bachmann. I did a lot of research before deciding on this particular system. It fit within my current budget and the deciding factor was that it came with a DCC equipped locomotive. I know it's not the highest quality system or locomotive for that matter, but it's just to get started and the price was right at $150.

My new EZ Command system from Bachmann.
I haven't used it yet, but plan on getting it hooked up here soon just so I can get things running. Its been over 15 years since I had any running trains. I still don't have enough track to complete my plan, but enough to put together a simple loop. Hopefully it is as simple as some of the reviews made it seem to be.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of DCC...once you get running your trains with it and especially if you go the route of sound, you will have a hard time getting motivated to operate your old DC engines...George Dutka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've only had this thing running for two days now and I definitely want to upgrade to a loco with sound. Its been so long since I even ran any of my DC locos so this is kind of a fresh start anyway. I'm definitely looking forward to getting more familiar with DCC now.

      Delete