Tuesday, May 12, 2015

1:87 Ford Maverick for the Office Shelf Layout

Another part of my ModelTrainStuff.com purchase was a 1:87 red Ford Maverick from Motor Max. I bought this so I would have at least one vehicle to place around the layout for judging scale. It's kind of hard to plan things out for cars and trucks when you don't have any to mock things up with.

This one is supposed to be from 1970 as evident by the year on the front license plate. I had never heard of this car before seeing it on the ModelTrainStuff website, so that tells you how not old I am. It is still a nice looking car though and it a pretty good representation of the real thing. It is way better than any of the cheap plastic 1:87 vehicles I had for my layout as a kid. Kind of makes me want to order a few more now.

A side view of my new Ford Maverick from Motor Max.
A look at the front end.
A look at the other side.
This this was well worth the $3.50 that is cost me. The level of detail is just right for this layout. The only thing I may want to do is hit it with some weathering so it doesn't look brand new. To look realistic, this car will have to show 15-20 years of wear and tear to fit in with my late 80's to early 90's theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment