Wednesday, May 13, 2015

More Accessories for the Office Shelf Layout

There are plenty of accessories that I plan on using for this layout, but I only wanted to start with a few for now so I don't get overwhelmed. In addition to the switch stand kit and the Ford Maverick, I picked up some shelving for the interior of the commissary building and some track bumpers for the far end of the layout.

The track bumpers I got are the Hayes style and come from Peco. Click here to see more about them. The kit came with pieces for two bumpers, so that worked perfectly for the two tracks I have. This was a great little kit, the pieces went together very easily, I didn't even glue them. All I have to do now is decide how to paint and weather them. Even though they are listed as code 83, they actually don't look too bad with my code 100 track.

My new Hayes bumpers fully assembled and ready for paint.

Another item I bought was a set of pre-finished shelves from Model Tech Studios. Click here for more about them. These I plan on putting somewhere inside the commissary building. They look great and were reasonably priced.

Pre-finished shelving from Model Tech Studios.
My plan is to fully model the interior as realistically as I can given the lack of depth. I'm hoping to get some more things like this and then add some lighting so everything inside can easily be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment