Friday, May 8, 2015

New Stuff for the Office Shelf Layout

I've been working on the office shelf layout for quite a while now and one thing I had not done until this past week was order something online for it. I've gotten a few things from eBay for my Detroit & Mackinac collection, but nothing specifically from one of the many online retailers. I had some Christmas money left over in my PayPal account so I decided to start shopping online for some things that would fit nicely with this project.

After plenty of searching and comparing I decided to buy from ModelTrainStuff.com, which turned out to be a great decision. I'll explain that later on. I ended up buying ten things altogether and spent just under $60 including shipping. While it isn't really all that much, here is a look at everything I got.

My first purchase from ModelTrainStuff.com

A few of these are essential to the plan for the layout (DPM walls, Pikestuff loading dock) and some are just for fun like the 1970 Ford Maverick. The reason for that was I needed at least one vehicle to place on the layout to get a proper sense of scale for the parking areas. I'm still on the lookout for some box trucks for the loading dock area.

As far as the overall experience with ModelTrainStuff, I would give it a 10 out of 10. The prices were reasonable, the checkout process was nice and easy, and they went above and beyond packing these parts for me. They all came in a single sealed bag inside of a medium sized box filled with packing peanuts. Even with the cheapest shipping option, I still received it all on Wednesday after placing the order around 2 AM on Saturday. I will definitely be ordering from them again whenever I can't get something from a show or the hobby shop.

Now, off to start playing with these new toys...

No comments:

Post a Comment