Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Train Show: Gibraltar Trade Center (11/2/2013)

I'm hoping to make it out to the train show at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens, MI this weekend. I can't remember the last time I went to a train show, it has to have been at least 15 years now. I used to go to them as a kid with my dad, back when I was actually into trains. With all the time that has passed since then, I really have no idea what to expect. The ad below calls it one of "Michigan's largest" shows, so we'll see how it goes if I can make it.

Ad for The Upcoming Gibraltar Trade Center Train Show
I know all about the location itself (Gibraltar Trade Center), I've been going there for sports card shows for the last few years and it's got a pretty nice show area set up in the back, so they would definitely have room for the 400 tables described. Here is a pic from their website:

Photo of a Typical Train Show at Gibraltar Trade Center
What I am hoping to get out of it is everything I need to complete the nursery wall layout. I still need to find some passenger cars, buildings, track bed, grass mat, and various pieces of scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment