Saturday, August 9, 2014

New Rolling Stock: A Pair of Boxcars from the Hobby Shop

The other day I was out and decided to stop by one of my local hobby shops for a look around. I wasn't there to get anything specific, more so just to see what they had that I could maybe use for my office shelf layout. I didn't really find much I needed right now since I'm still in the planning stages, but I did manage to find a few nice pieces of rolling stock in their discount bins. Each one of them only cost $2.99 so it wasn't a bad deal at all. 

The first one is a 40' Santa Fe boxcar that I plan to use as a display piece along with my yet to be finished C44-9W from back when I was a kid. The two will look nice together on the small display track I built a little while back. 

ATSF Boxcar #49277 from Tyco
The other one was a 40' New Haven boxcar that doesn't really have a specific purpose yet. I will either try to weather it or take it and completely redo the paint job when I get around to coming up with a boxcar scheme for my future proto-freelance railroad. That may not be for a while though.

NH Boxcar #35688 from Tyco
Not bad for $6 all in. Another plus of buying from the local hobby shop is avoiding any shipping charges I would get online. Now that I have these two, it makes me want to get out and buy some more rolling stock to help build my collection. I don't have all that much at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment