Thursday, August 7, 2014

Office Shelf Layout: Revised Track Plan

Well, I've had some time to think about my options for this project and have come up with a new track plan. The change was primarily driven by some of the comments I was getting over on Model Train Forum. They got me thinking that a freight terminal of sorts would be a lot cooler than just a plain old engine house. That being said, I've tried to come up with something simple that will be easy to build and work with. Here is a look at my latest SCARM creation:

SCARM layout option #4
It is pretty simple with a single main line running across the front with a single siding. There will be a single road that crosses both tracks into an industrial/commercial complex. I'd like to have two structures on this one: a freight terminal and an office type building. I have a few ideas that I will be mocking up (similar to the Walthers Commissary building) before deciding which ones to go with. The general layout will likely be the same as I have shown. 

This is what I plan to run with for now. If I run into any problems with it, expect things to be changed up a bit. I don't really anticipate any major issues though, this design is pretty simple and manageable for someone like me just getting back into the swing of things. Now I just need to decide on some more of the smaller details like utility poles, signs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment