Sunday, September 6, 2015

Basement Layout: Benchwork Has Begun

Yesterday I made the first of many trips to Home Depot for this project. I picked up all of the 1x3'x and 1x4's I needed for the frame of the benchwork. While that particular experience at the store wasn't the best I've had, I was able to get everything I needed to get started. It was also interesting trying to squeeze the 12 foot long 1x4's into my Ford Focus. Definitely not the most comfortable drive, but it was only for a mile or so, so not too bad. 

So, in the space that I had taped off I started putting together the 1x4 frame and have all of the main cross supports in place now. The next step will be measuring and cutting the 1x3's to run between the 1x4's for added structure and support. After that I'll need to get a few sheets of OSB and fasten them to the top. Then it will just be adding legs with some connecting supports and I'll be off to a great start. 

Here are some pictures of the progress I've made so far.

Starting to assemble the 1x4 benchwork frame.
Done with the main section of the benchwork.
I'm hoping to get some more done tomorrow having the day off work for the holiday. Then I'm on vacation the rest of the week so my goal is to get all of the wood put together and ready for a layer of foam board before the end of the week. As long as I have the table top ready, I'll be happy since I'll be able to start playing with the track I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment