Being on vacation from work this week has allowed me to spend some extra time on this project and I've made some pretty decent progress on the benchwork now. I have all of the OSB in place and just need to add some additional supports underneath then the legs and I should be all set. Here are some progress pictures.
|Finished attaching the 1x3 cross members.|
|Adding the first of six pieces of OSB. I went with 7/16 thick since it was the cheap.|
|Finished adding the six OSB sheets.|
|A look at the underside of the table.|
|A look at where I plan to attach the four legs to the underside.|
I am hoping this setup for the legs will be enough to support the weight of the table. It is actually fairly heavy now that its assembled. I may end up having to add a third set of legs in the center just in case. I'd rather over engineer it at this point than deal with sag issues down the road.