Monday, February 10, 2014

New D&M Rolling Stock: 50' Berwick Boxcar

This one will be the third boxcar for my collection of Detroit & Mackinac rolling stock. It comes from Branchline Trains Blueprint series of models. The kit came fully assembled and in pretty good shape. I was lucky enough to grab it on eBay for $9.49 plus shipping. Here are some pictures of it.

D&M 50' Berwick boxcar #20235 from Branchline Trains.
A look at one end of the car.
A look at the other end.
A look at the excellent decals on the left end.
A look at the decals in the center of the car.
A look at the decals on the right end.
Just for fun, a look at the box from Branchline.
This has definitely become my new favorite piece of rolling stock. I love the level of detail that went into this thing. Everything from the clean and crisp decals to the separate grab irons. Doesn't get much better than this if you ask me. 

From what I've seen online, there are a few other car #'s out there for this model, so I will definitely be on the lookout for those to help build my D&M fleet of rolling stock. I just love the look of these cars with the white on red paint scheme. It's simple and effective. Makes me want to hurry up and get to building a running layout already so I can see these things in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment