Monday, February 24, 2014

New Locomotives: More from My Childhood Collection

I was visiting my parents house again the other day and my dad said he found another box of train stuff from back when I was as a kid, which means it is probably 15 years old by now. I wasn't sure what could even be in there because its been so long since I had seen any of that stuff

Four new locomotives for my growing collection. 

Of the four, the Santa Fe C44-9W on the left is my favorite. I remember buying that Athearn blue box at a train show and thinking it was the coolest thing. When I opened the box, there were a ton of parts floating around since I never finished putting it together as a kid. I think I will add that to my list of things to do now so I can use it as a nice display piece until I get a working layout built. Once I get the rest of the detail parts added, I will try to take and post some better pictures.

The next one over is a Pennsylvania Railroad dummy locomotive and is actually in pretty good shape. All of the hand rails are intact and there doesn't appear to be any other parts missing. That could be another good one for some kind of display model. 

The last two are pretty similar other than the paint schemes. The Rock Island is powered and the Northern Packfic is a dummy. The Rock Island is in rough shape with the whole lower front end missing along with the coupler. The Northern Pacific is in much better condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment